You can use the recipe for sugar cookies (one that you can roll out the dough) or the shortbread recipe (these will be more delicate cookies).
So lets start whit the stars!!! ;)
1. Roll out your dough 1/4 in thick, cut a strip from the middle of your cookie using a knife or pointy spatula. the strip should be pointy in one of the corners because the cookie is going to hang from a glass or a cup
2. Bake and cool your cookies (don't try to decorate them hot because it will be a mess!)
4. drizzle the cookies whit the three colors, the drizzle should be thin lines
5. Finish the decoration before the royal or the candy sets with mini silver dragees or colored sugars
6. Decorate your glasses or cups with the beautiful super easy cookies!!!
7. Enjoy watching your family munching the cookies!
8. Have a great Memorial Day.